Boone County Health Center’s Obstetrical Unit has a long-standing goal of delivering the best of care from the very beginning. The Hospital features two spacious, family-oriented obstetrical suites where your infant can room-in and your family can stay with you.
The Health Center offers several specialized obstetrical features for all women giving birth at the hospital.
- 24-hour pain management provided by Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists. Anesthesia services include:
- “walking epidurals” which allow women to be mobile during labor
- Continuous fetal monitoring system that allows your physician to watch your baby’s heart rate and contractions from anywhere within the hospital and even off-site
- Private, home-like suites featuring:
- Whirlpool tub
- Birthing bed
- Flat-screen television
- Hide-a-bed sofa for family
- Private restrooms
- Highly trained nursing staff provides:
- Personal assistance
- Labor coaching
- Breastfeeding consultation
- Childbirth and Baby Preparation Classes offered throughout the year
- Infant hearing and congenital heart screening test for all newborns
- Healthy Beginnings and pre-admission classes taught by a trained childbirth educator
- If needed, convenient, quick access to Cesarean deliveries available at the Health Center
- Rooming-in options available. Secured, monitored, locked nursery
- Professional consulting relationship with high-risk facilities, including St. Elizabeth in Lincoln and Methodist and Children’s Hospitals in Omaha
- Car Seat Safety class and instruction offered on-site
- Non-stress testing for obstetrical patients
For more information contact Obstetrics Director, Maria Kinney, RN at 402.395.3212 or email@example.com.