The Speech Therapy department at BCHC provides a range of treatments for all ages of people in various settings. Our speech therapists are certified in many different treatment programs in the areas of speech-language, swallowing, voice and cognition. They provide individualized therapy in the outpatient, hospital, and home health settings. Speech therapy ensures that patients are able to reach their maximum potential to communicate and participate effectively in activities of daily life.
Speech services include
- Speech-language assessment and treatment following a stroke or brain injury.
- Cognitive assessment and tx for memory loss, brain
- Dysphagia assessment and tx for difficulty swallowing, GERD, or persistent cough.
- Voice assessment and tx for loss of voice.
- Articulation and delayed language assessment and treatment for children.
- Dysphagia assessment and tx for feeding/swallowing difficulty.
- Fluency assessment and tx for stuttering.
- Pragmatic assessment and tx for appropriate social behavior.
- VitalStim: e-stim therapy for swallowing impairment
- LSVT LOUD: voice therapy for Parkinson’s Disease
- Buteyko Breathing: therapy for sports-induced asthma
- Interactive Metronome: motor planning rehabilitation program
- STAR certified: cancer education and training
- BCHC Cancer Care program
- BCHC CarePartners Program
For more information about Speech Therapy call 402.395.3113.