The Physical Therapy department at BCHC is here to help people of all ages achieve, maintain, and restore physical function and overall health throughout their lifetime. Physical Therapy addresses illnesses and injuries that limit a person’s ability to move and perform daily activities by promoting mobility, function, and quality of life.
The physical therapy staff interacts with individuals to reach mutually agreed upon goals.
Goals May Include
- Improving mobility
- Relieving pain
- Recovering after surgery
- Making daily tasks and activities easier
- Improving or restoring strength, endurance, and function
Physical Therapists Provide
- Outpatient therapy at the state of the art Rudman Rehab Center
- Rehab during inpatient stays
- Home health services
- ESU services at local schools
- Treatment following an orthopedic surgery, joint replacement, fracture, or amputation
- Recovery following a stroke, brain injury, or spinal cord injury
- Generalized weakness
- Balance training
- Fall prevention
- Women’s Health, including incontinence training
- Manual therapy
- Wound care
- Home health services
- Sports rehab
- Pediatrics, both medical and ESU
For more information on Physical Therapy call 402.395.3187.
Allison Rankin, PT
Allison graduated from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 1998 and has worked at the Boone County Health Center since graduation. She specializes in sports rehab, joint replacements, geriatrics, and shoulders. Allison is the director of Physical Therapy at Boone County Health Center.
James Meyer, PT
James graduated from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 1985. He worked at Madonna, St. Elizabeth’s burn unit, and a rehab hospital in Colorado Springs before coming to Boone County Health Center in 1993. James specializes in joint replacement
Angie graduated from Regis University in Denver, Colorado in 2006. She worked at McMeen Physical Therapy in Burwell, Nebraska prior to joining BCHC in 2010. Angie specializes in manual therapy, neck and back pain, headaches, dizziness, balance training, and women’s health.
Crystal Fitchner, PTA
Crystal graduated from Northeast Community College in 2001. She worked at Columbus Community Hospital for six years before coming to Boone County Health Center in 2008.