Boone County Health Center’s Out in Front program offers several surgical options from the convenience of Albion.
Orthopedic Surgical Options Include
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy (an examination and sometimes minimally invasive treatment of a joint using an arthroscope)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Repair
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Repair
- Carpal Tunnel Repair
- Trigger Finger Release
- Removal of Ganglion Cysts
Dr. Richard Cimpl and Kelli Thomazin, PA-C of Columbus as well as sports medicine physician Dr. Dustin Volkmer work closely with primary care providers and surgery staff at Boone County Health Center. Podiatrist Dr. Brandon Borer is also available twice a month. He is able to treat a variety of foot conditions with and without surgery.
Patients who undergo shoulder, hip or knee replacement surgery receive follow-up physical therapy and occupational therapy while at the hospital and after discharge.
For patients considering an orthopedic procedure, there is an orthopedics care class offered. The class helps patients understand the complete process from start to finish when being scheduled for a joint replacement.
To schedule an appointment call Melissa Nissen at 402.395.3180.(First-time patients must have a referral from their primary care provider.)