Pediatric Speech and Physical Therapy
We have licensed physical and speech therapy professionals that can evaluate and treat your child in a play-centered therapy environment. We can treat a range of disorders for pediatrics and adolescence. It is our belief that individualized treatment can maximize your child’s potential for success.
Our speech-language pediatric therapy program will provide the evaluation and treatment of speech impairments including:
- Delayed language learning
- Apraxia of speech
- Literacy development
- Treatment of autism
- Pediatric dysphagia and eating disorders
- Fluency disorder
- Phonological disorders
After an initial evaluation, each child will receive an individualized treatment plan based on assessment results and the child’s personal needs. Therapy is goal-oriented and progress will be monitored closely by the speech therapist to ensure your child is maximizing their potential for success. Treatment is provided in a pediatric therapy room through structured play activities to make learning meaningful and fun!
The physical therapy pediatric department consists of therapists that examine, evaluate, diagnosis and treat children from birth to adolescence who are experiencing functional limitations or disability due to trauma, a disorder or disease process. These conditions may include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Genetic syndromes
- Spina bifida
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Developmental delays
The goal of treatment is to diminish impairments and functional limitations to prevent or decrease disability. Treatment may be focused in improving developmental tasks, motor planning, manipulation skills, balance, and/or coordination.
Preparation Steps to your Pediatric Therapy Session
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor to determine if therapy services are needed for your child.
- Get a physician referral for any therapy evaluation your doctor feels is necessary.
- Contact your insurance company to confirm therapy reimbursement and to discuss the number of sessions allowed.
- Bring the physician referral and your insurance information to the initial appointment to complete paperwork.
Call 402.395.3187 for additional information or to set up an appointment.