BCHC Adopts Cutting-Edge Navigation Technology for Knee and Hip Surgery
By: Aprill Murphy
ALBION, Nebraska (November 29, 2023) – In a significant leap forward in the realm of orthopedic surgery, Boone County Health Center (BCHC) is proud to announce the implementation of state-of-the-art navigation technology for knee and hip surgeries. This groundbreaking advancement aims to revolutionize patient care, improve surgical precision, and enhance overall outcomes.
The navigation technology utilizes advanced imaging and tracking systems to provide real-time, three-dimensional mapping of the patient’s anatomy. This high-tech approach allows surgeons to navigate with unparalleled accuracy during knee and hip replacement procedures, ensuring optimal implant placement and alignment.
Key benefits of the navigation technology at BCHC include:
- Precision and Accuracy: Surgeons can now visualize the patient’s joint anatomy in real-time, allowing for more precise and accurate placement of knee and hip implants. This can result in improved joint function and longevity of the implants.
- Personalized Treatment Plans: The navigation system enables the creation of personalized surgical plans based on each patient’s unique anatomy. This tailored approach contributes to better outcomes and a more efficient recovery process.
- Minimized Tissue Trauma: With the aid of navigation technology, surgeons can minimize tissue trauma by precisely targeting the affected area, potentially leading to reduced pain and faster recovery times for patients.
- Enhanced Safety Measures: Real-time feedback and continuous monitoring of surgical parameters enhance the safety of the procedure, providing an added layer of confidence for both patients and surgical teams.
- Improved Patient Experience: The adoption of navigation technology aligns with BCHC’s commitment to providing the highest quality of care. Patients can benefit from cutting-edge innovations that contribute to a more positive and comfortable surgical experience.
Dr. Jordan Ochs and Dr. Jared Rickert, leading orthopedic surgeons, have a specialty clinic at Boone County Health Center. Dr. Ochs has a weekly clinic and Dr. Rickert bi-weekly. They perform surgeries right here in Albion in our new, state-of-the-art surgery department.
BCHC remains dedicated to staying at the forefront of medical advancements, ensuring that patients receive world-class healthcare. The adoption of navigation technology for knee and hip surgery reaffirms the hospital’s commitment to innovation, excellence, and the well-being of the community.
If you are having knee problems, visit with your primary care provider at one of our clinics in Albion, Elgin, Fullerton, Newman Grove or Spalding for a referral or contact our specialty clinic at 402-395-3180.